Information and communication technology (ICT) projects are typically of long duration, involve a high degree of complexity and require substantial investment in human and other resources. Partly because of this, many ICT projects encounter problems, whether minor or more serious. A significant proportion result from specification issues. Other factors are organizational problems, a lack of proper internal cooperation and social problems.
Mediation, arbitration and other forms of Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) are ideal options for the resolution of ICT conflicts, because:
- Disputes are resolved by specialized IT and Data tribunals
- the administrative procedure is cost-efficient
- ITDR closely cooperates with the Swiss Chambers’ Arbitration Institution (SCAI)
- basic rules are those of the Swiss Chambers’ Arbitration Institution with specifications for ITDR cases
- the procedures are administered by the SCAI office
- proceedings are private and confidential
- ADR-experts provide appropriate solutions for a highly dynamic industry.